Thursday, July 7, 2011

what a week (part two).

Sorry for the slow updates.  Between work and life in general, I've been staying pretty busy.  I was in the middle of telling you about my crazy week a couple of weeks ago...

Tuesday morning was the second day of VBS, which meant another early morning, some quick morning preparations, and an ever growing list of students in my class.  It was hot, too!  If I remember correctly, this was the day we hit 107 degrees.   After a busy morning, I met my mom for lunch.  Ran a couple of errands.  Got home and got the house ready for company.  Planned what I would teach Wednesday and did those preparations.  Had company over for about 3 hours that evening.  Did the last VBS prep.  Fell into bed.

Wednesday morning was basically a repeat of all the other mornings spent at VBS.  Enough craziness that allowed the morning to fly by.  Couple of errands.  Lunch.  Home to plan for Thursday.  Had company again for dinner and fun afterward.  This time it was my cousins from Oregon.  They have two little boys, with another on the way, so they definitely had to utilize our pool in the heat.  They had fun swimming, we had fun watching them swim.  After dessert, they headed back to Gramma's house.  Fell into bed.

Thursday morning, repeat.  I had a few errands to run again.  I was making little goodie bags for the kids in my class, so I had to get the finishing pieces to get them done.  I then spent the afternoon assembling the bags, as well as prepping for Friday.  My cousins came over again after dinner to swim for a little while.  They only stayed for about an hour or so, but it was fun to get to see them again.  Fell into bed.

Friday morning was, again, a repeat of the rest of the days in VBS, with the addition of the general excitement that the last day always brings.  After the morning, I had to stick around and clean up all of the decorations in my classroom.  We didn't put up a ton, really, but it still took me awhile to tear down all by my lonesome.  I noticed how quickly my helpers ditched out of there on that day.  Since I was by myself, it was up to me to climb up on a table to use as a ladder so I could reach the decorations hanging from the ceiling.  After pushing the table around, climbing on a chair, climbing on a table, reaching up, climbing down on the chair, climbing down on the floor about fifteen times, I was tired.  I had just pulled down the last bit of decorations and was stepping onto the chair for the last time, when the chair tipped.  I seemed to suspend mid-air for much longer than I should have and managed to get my feet under me.  All seemed well enough, with the exception of my back getting a bit jarred.  I really felt it a few hours later!  I went home and just did nothing for about an hour.  Then I got a call from my mom letting my know that we were going out to a friend's house who was having a garage sale the following day.  They had called us, letting us know that they had some Polish pottery for sale, which we collect.  We were headed out of town the next day (more on that later), so we wanted to know if we could come by Friday afternoon.  It is quite a trek to their house from ours (more than 30 minutes to the other side of town), but we ended up finding some great treasures.  The pottery was great, which we got some of, but the bigger find was the table and chairs that they had for sale.  My sister has my mom's parents' old dining table, but no chairs.  The table and chairs they were selling were made by the same manufacturer and ended up being a perfect match to Lindsay's table.  Score!  We headed back to town, picked up my dad for dinner, dropped him back off to his car, dropped my mom off to her car, then I headed back to church for the VBS finale night.  After practicing our songs all week, the kids get a chance to share them with the parents.  It was a stifling heat, so I ditched out of there as soon as I got rid of all my kids, not stopping to take part in the cookies and punch treats.  I don't remember what I did that night, but I do know it wasn't much :)

Congrats if you made it this far.  I'll finish the update later...

No comments:

Post a Comment