Ah, summer. It's been just over a week since graduation...here are just a few of the high and low points from this first week of summer:
* I spent Memorial Day packing up my room down by school and moved home for the summer.
* My system went through a minor shock when I got out of the car in Bakersfield and it was HOT.
* We've already hit the triple digits...in May...that doesn't bode well for July. Although, it is supposed to cool down (we're talking 80s) some this week, so maybe it will all just even out...
* I got a new car! My wonderful parents bought me a silver 2008 Ford Escape Limited. I love it!
* My dad celebrated another birthday this last Friday. I won't tell you the number for the sake of all involved parties ;)
* I learned my grandparents watch American Idol.
* I've gone swimming three times so far this summer, which also happens to be exactly three times more than I went last summer.
* I'm on my fourth book since arriving home last Tuesday...
* Today was my first day of work...overall, not a bad day...
* I got my student teaching placement for the fall. My first placement is in a first grade classroom not too far away from my apartment. Sweet.
Hope you are having a fabulous summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment