Well, it's officially been a whole month without me posting a single things. So much has happened, and yet not much has changed. Let me see if I can wrap up this month...
1) The month kicked off on a Wednesday, which was also my second week of driving to LA for class...and every week since then, of course. I've been able to see a few friends, as well as have a little fun shopping. Wednesdays are pretty much my only day off, so I try to make the most of it. Of course, if I'm really being good, I work at least an hour in the morning before heading down and then do some homework while I waiting for class to begin. Usually, though, I kill my time doing other, much more exciting, things. School is going well. I enjoy the class I go to (Intro to Spiritual Formation for Educators), my online class I'm just trying to get through for the grade (Philosophy and Values of Education). That might sound terrible, but so far, not so interesting.
2) One highlight of going down to school is getting reacquainted with places I used to go all the time. Namely, Pick Up Stix (Chinese) and, as I've mentioned previously, Berry Cool (awesome frozen yogurt). We definitely need a Pick Up Stix here, and at least something similar to Berry Cool.
3) I thought that after a couple weeks of school I would start to get calls for subbing. I've had a few so far, but I haven't actually taken any of the jobs. I'm thinking tomorrow might be my first day, but I've been wrong before. I've been staying extremely busy (which is why I haven't posted all month), so it hasn't really been all that bad.
4) I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am headed on a missions trip in January. I'll share more details later. And, if you're really lucky, you might even get a letter from me about it...
5) My parents' anniversary was on the 18th. We basically spent all of that weekend in the car. Or, at least it felt that way. Drove the grandparents to Morro Bay on Saturday and helped around the house over there. I cleaned inside while my parents tackled the front yard. Sunday we took a somewhat impromptu trip to Tulare to exchange a few items at the outlet mall, as well as acquire a few new treasures. I got one of the most comfortable sweatshirts ever at Gap...it just needs to get cold so I can wear the thing!
6) That Sunday night (19th) was also the first team meeting I had for my trip. I got to meet most everyone on the team (minus a few absentees) and I'm pretty excited about it. It still seems so far away, so the reality of going honestly hasn't set in yet.
7) The next week was much of the same old thing: work, work, work, school, work, work, work. Yeah, it's a super exciting thing I've got going on right now. Unfortunately the weekend away took away from time I needed to stay caught up with homework and work-work. So I started (and ended) the week feeling behind.
8) The level of messiness in my room is a direct correlation to the busyness I've been feeling. I could pretty much work sun-up to sun-down and still have things to do most days.
9) The Amazing Race, Glee, Survivor...just to name a few...all started back last week. There's a few summer gems on TV, but mostly not. So, when I have nothing else to do (ha) , at least I have some shows to watch that I enjoy.
10) I have never considered myself a terribly clumsy person, but in the last few weeks I have spilled two full drinks in cars. The first was lemonade all over my car. The second was root beer all over a friend's. It's never water, of course...at least not for me. My mom spilled a glass of water all over the floor in my room. Also, I smacked my leg incredibly hard into the corner of my desk at work one Tuesday. Since then, I can't tell you how many things I've run into...in that exact same, sore, bruised spot, of course. It's been 3 weeks since that happened, but I can still feel the pain.
11) The Lord has been so good to me this month. I have more work that I can keep up with, which is a financial blessing. I have the opportunity to go back to school to further my education. I've been healthy, as has most of my family. (Today my dad said he felt like he is getting sick, so I hope it doesn't begin to spread.) I need to stay healthy in order to take the place of all the sick teachers.
12) There it is, a whole month summed up in eleven, fairly brief, points. I can't believe it's already October...
No comments:
Post a Comment