I thought I would take a quick break from my (slowly arriving) Slovenia updates. Life has been busy this month as I jumped right back into things. Three classes, plus starting my big research project to finish my degree, a little work subbing, and a 6-day trip to Washington in there has kept my last three weeks very busy.
The first weekend was both my grandma and my mom's birthdays. This meant birthday celebrations. Lindsay came home Friday the 4th and the two of us and my mom went to the spa to get facials. We had yummy sandwiches for lunch, then they went to pick up my grandma (my aunt's car broke down on the way to Bakersfield) and took her to her hair appointment. If there's one thing we all know, it's don't mess with the hair appointment. I, on the other hand, went back to the world of homework. Saturday we did some errands, looked at some model homes, mostly for fun, but partially to get an idea of what's out there for the future home purchases of both my sister and me, and then we all went to dinner at P.F. Chang's for the birthdays. Sunday was Super Bowl day, as well as Mom's birthday. Lindsay was nice enough to get up and make breakfast and then the rest of the day was resting for my parents and homeworking for me. I'm still readjusting to the reality of always having loads of homework to accomplish.
Monday was class and business as usual. Tuesday I tried to do way too much. Wednesday was the day I set off for Washington. I had a fantastic time visiting my friend Caitlin, mostly just hanging out, but also doing some wedding planning for her. My return flight was scheduled for Monday so that I would have plenty of time to get to my class. The only problem was that my flights were delayed, delayed, and then delayed again. Apparently San Francisco was having weather issues, as well as a runway closed due to construction. My goodness, it was a mess there. I made it back to Burbank around 5pm, 30 minutes after my class started. With good traffic, it takes about an hour, hour and fifteen minutes to get to school. That put me at 6:00-6:15. But, it was 5:00. Which would probably put me there closer to 6:30-6:45. Seeing as how my class ends at 7, I opted to just drive home instead. Not worth the effort for a few minutes. As it was, I made it through LA driving north in about 10 minutes and I was in my house by 6:30. I really didn't want to miss class, but since there was nothing I could really do about it, it was very nice to get home so early.
Wednesday morning (the 16th) I got a phone call at 6am for an 11am sub job. Boy, I love being awakened at that hour for a half day job :) So I get to the school around 11 and find out that it's a PM Kindergarten class. But, I was subbing for the AM teacher, which meant I just had to prep work, recess duty, and help with a reading group. Plus, Wednesdays are my favorite day to sub because it's an early out day every week. It was such a strange sub job, but a nice change. Sure, I can cut, fold, and trace!
Thursday I had a job subbing in the Pre-K class that I have been in many times before. It was good, but I don't really remember any good stories. I think there was something funny, so I'll have to try to remember. Anyway, the worst part of the day was that I woke up feeling like I might be getting sick. By the time I was done working at 5pm, I was sure that I was. That sickness characterized the rest of my weekend. I didn't feel well, but I definitely didn't get the cold as bad as I could have. By Sunday afternoon I was feeling pretty good, Monday I felt really good, and yesterday the only remnant was a slightly stuffy nose.
Yesterday was a productive day. I went to do observations for my research project, did some homework, did some research about applying to districts for a job in the fall (yikes!), and then hosted Bible Study here last night.
That brings me to today. I was hoping to sub, since Wednesday is my favorite day to sub, and I need the work, but no call. So, it's lunch with my mom and then some homework, I'm sure. My plans for the rest of this week and weekend are getting a lot of homework done for the next few weeks. We are having family here, it's my birthday a week from today, and then more fun events that I don't want to have to be doing homework through. Sounds fun, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment