Well, March is here, which only means one thing to me: my birthday! I turned 24 last Wednesday, but kicked off the celebration a bit early. My actual birthday was pretty low-key. Went to lunch with my mom and a friend, then dinner with my parents. I got a flat screen TV and DVR for my room, but those didn't arrive until Friday. My cousins from France arrived to our home on Friday (and have been here since) and we did a mini-party that night, too.
Saturday morning I woke up feeling like I had (another!) cold. Came on exactly the same way...woke up with a really sore throat. We had breakfast that morning, I took a pretty long nap, woke up for lunch, went upstairs to get dressed to take the kids bowling. As soon as I got to my bathroom, I felt extremely dizzy and feverish and barely made it to my bed. I proceeded to spend the entire rest of the day in bed, sleeping for much of it, only getting up to go to the restroom. It was not so fun. Sunday I felt a bit better as far as my body being tired and feverish, but I don't think my throat has ever been as sore as it was that day. It was like swallowing fire everytime I swallowed. It was excruciating to swallow, but even worse (what's worse than excruciating?) if I didn't swallow for awhile and my throat got dry. I missed out on more family time as I laid in bed through most of the evening, again with a fever.
Monday I was doing much better in the fever department, and my throat was better, too, but I was afraid it would hit me later in the day like it had the last two days. So, rather than drive down to school, my professor told me I could join in via webcam. Only it didn't work as planned and I missed class. Not a whole lot I could do about it, but a bit disappointing. Oh well...
Tomorrow I am absolutely thrilled to be headed back to subbing in junior high. The more I sub in junior high, the more it is confirmed in me that I was never meant to be a junior high teacher. I may get paid $5 more, but I really don't think it is worth it (plus it's another whole hour of work for only $5). Oh, well, it's work, right?
In other news, job applications are in the works still. Please keep praying as I submit them in the next week or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment