Thursday, March 15, 2012

to san francisco, in celebration.

Wednesday I got my bad news. Friday was my 25th birthday.  Excellent timing, in my opinion.
I was still feeling a bit down, but didn't want it to detract from the festivities since we were going to San Francisco.  Here's a relatively short recap of our trip.

Sidenote: This trip was also fun because it was the first time I really got to use my camera I got for Christmas.

After getting settled in the hotel, we walked to Chinatown.  We didn't really stop, but it was my first time to see it.



We continued walking through the city on to Little Italy, where our dinner destination was.  We went to a little restaurant off the beaten path called Bocce Cafe, which was delicious.  I think we all enjoyed the meal.  We were tired and the walk back was uphill, so we got a cab back to our hotel. 

The view from our room.
The next day, Saturday, we had breakfast at a little cafe/diner we had found on a previous visit to SF.  Then we started our journey through the city at the Ferry Building.  Outside there was a Farmers' Market.



Inside we found a doughnut booth, which Mom was obviously thrilled about.  In the background, Dad and Lindsay are waiting for their Peet's Coffee.




It was a gorgeous day, as you can see.  We walked all the way down the Embarcadero toward Fisherman's Wharf.



Loving my telephoto lens!



I don't particularly like birds, but this one was just posing for me.
We walked on to Pier 39, which I had never been to before.  We then made our way to Boudin, where we had lunch.


We walked on to Fisherman's Wharf

We continued on our journey...

Top: Without and Bottom: With telephoto lens :)


Ok, enough of the picture taking...time for some Ghiradelli!  In case you were wondering, yes, we did eat all day...


The Cherry Coke she had been dreaming about...
She wanted her own hot fudge sundae...

Thanks, Mom


My delicious warm cookie sundae...it was pretty amazing...
The trip wouldn't be complete without a cable car picture
After all of our food, we headed to the downtown area to go shopping.  Overall, it was a fun, relaxing day.  Sunday morning we went to the same cafe for breakfast.  Then we drove up to Coit Tower to see it up close.  Lindsay and I got out and took some picture at the outlook (we refused to pay $14 to go up the tower). 
The Golden Gate Bridge just never gets old...


Coit Tower
What a fun birthday weekend! (Thanks Mom and Dad)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I love the pictures, but did you really have to put up the one of me eating?

    ReplyDelete