Sunday, April 29, 2012

five and counting.

5.  The number of weeks until summer vacation begins.  Just 23 school days.
It's hard to believe, really.  I can still vividly remember going for my interview, getting hired, and the whirlwind that ensued afterward.  I remember the day I met my students and how I wasn't quite prepared.  I've learned so much, and now it's almost over.  It's bittersweet now that I've come to love my class, yet some days are just uncomfortable to be on campus.  Besides that fact, now I'm looking for a job all over again.

I've tried to not post much, careful to not complain too much about the position I've found myself in.  It's unfortunate in a lot of ways, especially the way that it all happened, but I'm simply trusting that God has a bigger plan in mind.  I'm letting go of the anxiety of finding a job, even though I'm still searching.  I'm letting go of trying to control things, because I know that's not my place, and I couldn't even if I tried. It's hard, but I'm thankful to have God to lean on.  I'm also extraordinarily thankful for the kind, encouraging, and wise words from friends and family as I walk through this time.

On a different note, our puppies are as adorable as ever.  Life is tough around here, though...


...you have to get a lot of baths...
...and be really cute all the time...


...and smell the roses...


...it's really just all so tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment