I realized yesterday that my mind has been preoccupied. Not worried exactly, but preoccupied as I wait. Two weeks ago I went to the doctor because I found a sizable lump on my neck. I've started the process of figuring out what is going on, had some tests and results, and all I have confirmed so far is that it is my thyroid and I need to go to an endocrinologist for more conclusive results.
In a season full of waiting, I heard these words yesterday morning, on Easter as we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus, and they were the truth that my soul needed most. I was reading along in NIV as my pastor read the ESV translation. Isaiah 25:9 (NIV) says this:
"In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.""
And oh, how I've learned to trust the Lord during this time. But the truth that struck me so sharply as I listened was this: the words "we trusted in him, and he saved us" were translated in the ESV to say "we have waited for him, that he might save us."
Trusting is nothing if waiting is not involved. I can easily say that I trust when results come quickly. But when results come slowly or maybe not at all, when a wait is involved, that is where my faith takes shape. My waiting is not in vain. Instead, it is the perfect opportunity for steadfast, immovable trust to be formed in a God who is trustworthy and completely in control.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I ran across your blog! Amen to your post! And I will be praying for you and your results!
ReplyDelete