I've been thinking about writing for the last two weeks. But thinking is as far as I have gotten. The last week of March/beginning of April was Spring Break for the elementary schools here, which naturally means I got the week off from subbing. I had few plans, most of which consisted of working for my mom, catching up on some TV shows, and reading. Pretty exciting, huh? Yeah...hence the reason I haven't written.
Last week turned into an unexpected extension of Spring Break. I didn't receive any calls to sub all week. I assume since the teachers had a week off, they figured they could work a week. Since I didn't know I would have the week off again, I had no plans, which led to me doing basically nothing all week again.
On the upside, I finally started to clean up my pit of a room. It was fairly clean at one point since I've been home, but quickly accumulated more junk. I've still got a long way to go to get the room clean, but that's nothing compared to the closet I need to clean out. Four and a half years of moving between home and school led me to stash unnecessary things in my closet, thinking I would get to it later. Well, now is later, and now it's a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to clean a little everyday...we'll see how it goes. Even if I only put a few things away, it's progress, right?
Well, the tradition continues on today, with still no calls to sub. I'm just continuing to trust that I'll work again, hopefully one day soon. Sorry for the boring post...it definitely sums up my past two weeks...
It's not a boring post! I love hearing about what is going on in your life even if it is the nothingness you think you have. You will get called to sub again and I think you are right about teachers working a week because they had the week off. That made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about being overwhelmed! I have only unpacked the second floor and there are boxes that have eaten the third floor. Everything seems to be lost in the abyss. But you will get to it :-) It just takes time! We can always have a race and see who finished first (hehe this might be good motivation for the both of us.)
AND how is it going with the ready the Bible in a year?!?!