Wednesday, June 15, 2011

random tidbits.

Not a whole lot of new happening around here.  Doing the same old thing as far as work, still in the process of cleaning my room...pretty boring stuff, really.  So, here's a few random bits of information from the last little while:
1. Got my last check from substitute teaching today, which is both good and bad (good to get the money, bad/sad it's the last one for about four months). 

2. Confession: I rarely wash fruit when it's just me eating it.  I've come to realize this more as my fruit consumption has increased, especially with strawberries.  Unless there is visible dirt, I'm not terribly worried about it.  That probably stems from eating grapes fresh from the field...or laziness.  Don't worry, though...if somebody else is eating it, I wash it...I'm not that lazy.

3. Oh, big news: We're pretty sure the chihuahua pack next door has been reduced from 8 members down to (only) 4.  They still manage to escape, though, only now it's out the front.

4. For graduation my parents got me a Wii.  This weekend I bought Wii Fit Plus with some graduation money.  Using it for two days has confirmed my knowledge that I have no balance.  Hopefully that will change with continued use.

5. I am currently trying to get a tan on my shoulders/neck because they are white...and I have to wear a sleeveless dress in a little over a month for a wedding.  I sat outside for 30 minutes on Monday and succeeded in getting a bit of a burn.  Today the burn has progressed into the itching stage, which is terribly annoying.

6. I hate the summer heat.  It's currently 97 degrees outside.  How quickly the cool weather is forgotten...

7. Bakersfield is getting a Yogurtland.  I don't know when it's opening, but it's pretty close to home, so that is exciting!

8. This weekend is Fathers' Day, next week is VBS, so maybe I'll have some interesting material to share with you.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment