Those eyes have seen more pain, more hurt, and more darkness than I can even imagine. They may have gone to bed hungry last night, had to drink water I would never touch, or helped their family make a meager amount of money to just get by on. But there's also something about that smile, that joy on their face, an childlike innocence still intact despite all they have known.
Take a moment. Look into their eyes and imagine what their life is like. Imagine living that life. And then, imagine if there was something you could do to change that life.
This is 9 year old Beatrice, who lives in Tanzania.
And this is Nobel, an almost 6 year old boy in Ghana.
Here is 7 year old Noreen and 5 year old Christian from the Philippines.
And the list goes on and on with Batete, Samara, Sergio, and Innocent, and the thousands more like them.
It would seem that choosing just one makes no difference at all. But imagine if you were them, how different life would really be. To know that you are important and special. To know that someone on the other side of the world knows your name, loves you, prays for you, writes to you, supports you, and encourages you.
One great joy in my life is the sponsorship of "my kids" all around the world. I love getting their letters, seeing pictures, and writing back to them. It's a simple joy for me, really, but something that has changed their lives drastically. How awesome that God can use something so small from me to bless these lives a world away.
The need is so great. How I wish that I could sponsor more.
(I'm not trying to persuade you really, but rather to show you my heart. But, if I did persuade you and you'd like to know more, email me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment