Wednesday, June 6, 2012

another chapter.

If I had to sum up the way I feel in one word, it's this: relief. 

Thursday was the last day of school, I got the rest of my things packed up and out of my classroom, and I walked away a little bit sad.  I had to fight back the feeling of tears as I drove away that day.  It was the day I had waited so long for, but hard to face at the same time.

Friday still loomed over me, one last time at the school.  Friday was check out day.  It was far less official than I thought it might be, other then hanging over my keys.  That felt like the final moment...that lingered for a couple more hours.  We had a staff brunch at Rio Bravo Country Club, which was nice.  It felt like an extended, forced good-bye.  It was nice, but I was ready to be done.  My heart had moved on.

I got back to school, climbed into my car, and drove away for the last time.  I wasn't sad, I was relieved.  I don't have adequate words to explain all of how I felt, but it was as though I could feel a weight lifting off of me, one I had been carrying for 3 months.  This chapter of my life had finally come to a close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment