Friday, August 10, 2012

another week.

Another week has gone by and I still haven't heard any news.  Usually no news is good news.  However, I don't think so in this case.  I've resigned myself to not getting the job...like, I will be literally shocked if, by some miracle, I get a call saying I got the job.  Seriously, shocked.

So, here I am again.  Facing CONSTANT reminders that school is starting in one week, whether it be on Facebook, walking into Target, or a host of other sources.  I'm reminded that I didn't manage to find a job.  I'm somewhere between frustrated and discouraged, or a weird combination of the two.  Hmm, this whole thing rings a bell.  Oh, wait, I know...it's the exact same thing that happened to me last year.

I know the job market is tough, but I can't help but take it personally when I interview for multiple positions and none of them work out.  Since I'm not ever given the luxury of a reason why I wasn't chosen, it just feels like constant rejection. 

I've tried to maintain a positive attitutde, but I think it's wavering.  Next week I'm headed to training to do substitute teaching again.  Talk about a step backwards. 

If you think about it, please pray for me and my constant battle with finding a job.  I know that there's purpose in everything...I'm just trying to figure out what on earth that might be right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment