I'm trying really hard to stick to my once-per-week minimum post. So, here goes...my week or so in review:
Last Thursday was my last day subbing for this school year. I was in preschool again, only in the morning, which means I had to be there at 7:00am. Anytime I have to leave my house before 7am for work, I always have to question why I'm doing what I'm doing. Ok, so it wasn't that bad, really. It's nice because the kids arrive sporadically through the morning, so I gradually get broken in to their antics. On this particular morning, the other pre-K teacher was also feeling tired, so we had a pretty low-key day. Like the kids care anyway...they just want to play! Nothing particularly exciting happened, but the kids are always entertaining. I played "restaurant" with some of the girls. They are so cute...I remember playing just like that when I was around their age. There are three boys in the class that always want to play together, but don't play well together. They definitely keep the teachers on their toes. I won't put up with their crap, so I don't usually have a problem with them. There was one little girl that cried on three separate occasions, too. She wasn't getting her way, so I just let her cry. Call me hard-hearted (I'm not really), but like I said, I'm not going to put up with crap, so she can cry all she wants and then get back to what she is supposed to be doing :)
Thursday night my grandparents and great uncle came over for dinner. Papa and Uncle Larry went down to see my uncle, a doctor, in order to try and get Papa's medications regulated again. It's been a constant up and down. My mom and I noticed when we were at my grandparents house on Wednesday night that his ankles were really swollen. Turns out he's retaining fluid again (which is what put him in the hospital a few months ago), and quite a bit of it too. Alarmed by this, my mom and I told my dad, who then called his sister and arranged for them to go down the next day to get it all taken care of. We later found out that the doctor said if he had waited any longer to go, he would be back in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Anyway, we had dinner that night, and then my parents headed over to sign the papers to buy a new-to-us 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali for my mom. She was excited!
Friday I got a couple of phone calls to sub, one of which I slept through (amazingly), but decided not to accept because my parents and I were headed down to LA. We left around 2:30 I think, driving our new car, of course, and drove to my sister's work in Woodland Hills. We went inside for a minute to say hi, then went over to the mall to wait for her to get off work. At 6, we met my aunt and uncle (same ones I just mentioned), as well as my cousin for dinner. The next day, the 29th, was my Dad and aunt's birthday (they are twins, in case that wasn't clear), so we all had dinner together to celebrate at Maggiano's Little Italy (yum!). We finished dinner around 8:30 or so, and then drove back home.
Saturday was my dad's birthday, so we had brunch. Then we got dressed and went downtown to some antique stores. My sister has my mom's parents old dining room table, so she wants to find some chairs to match it so she can actually use it. The first store we went in was amazingly packed full, but it was fun to look around. We found exactly one chair, but my sister in not convinced she wants mismatched chairs. I told her good luck finding 6 chairs that match. I think I may have convinced her to look for 3 sets of 2 matching chairs instead. We'll see what we can find. I think some LA antiquing may be in order. Anyway, we came back home to make dinner and my grandparents came over. After they left, the four of us went to Target. We went for some hair products, and came away with a basketful of treasure. I love Target. And I love going to Target with my parents ;) (kidding)
Sunday was a fairly uneventful day. My mom, sister, and I ran a few errands, then finally were able to visit a friend with a new baby girl. Well, new is a relative term, since she was already 7 weeks old! Baby Whitney (great name, right?) is an absolute doll! After that, we came home and my sister went to pick up my grandparents to take them back to my aunt's house down south (same aunt) on her way back to LA. Monday was equally uneventful. We stayed home, did a few things around the house, and mostly relaxed. And of course barbequed...it was Memorial Day, after all :)
Tuesday was again uneventful for me. Like I said, last Thursday was my last day to sub, so I just hung around the house. Wednesday I hung around the house during the day, then my mom and I went over to my cousin's house for his son's junior high graduation celebration. We missed the ceremony since it started at 3:30 and my mom had to work, so we just went for dinner and cake.
Thursday (yesterday) was the first day where it seems unbearably hot in the house. Rather then fry around here, I got dressed, went a got lunch, went to the bank, and then went to the mall. Love the air conditioning there, as well as the shopping, of course. I then went to Barnes and Noble, found a book, then went to the cafe for a special treat for my mom. The then came home, caved and turn on the A/C for awhile, and tried to work. After technical issues earlier in the morning, it was nice to see that everything was working again.
And that's pretty much it. My week in review...hope you enjoyed my somewhat busy, but maybe not that exciting, life...
You do live and interesting life. I hope your grandpa is okay!! :-(
ReplyDelete