Friday, June 18, 2010

a quick update.

No new news on Papa, really, other than the fact that the pacemaker surgery will take place tomorrow rather than today.  They had to do a test to measure the strength of his heart today, even though everybody knows it's weak.  Just a little more red tape to plow through, I suppose.  My sister took the day off work today again and was there to be the calming person amid the rest of the family.  If you know certain members of my family at all, you would know that they get easily excited or riled up about things.  Anyway, Papa was doing better in terms of eating today.  As in, he actually ate a little bit of something.  Other than that, from what I heard, everything else is pretty much the same.  The 24 hour test results from the spinal/brain fluid test (I wish I knew the name!) were inconclusive.  Apparently that's normal to be inconclusive after 24 hours.  I guess that's why they run the test for 3 days instead of 1!
I got a text from Lindsay early this afternoon saying that our cousin, Chris, was being admitted to the hospital because he was in severe pain and they had apparently found blood clots in his lungs and legs.  That's pretty much all I know about his condition right now.  I hope to find out more tomorrow. 

My other cousin, Jason, went to the doctor this afternoon for some sort of shock therapy on his leg that has been numb for weeks.  I think I said it before, but I'm too tired to go check previous posts, he has been extremely dizzy lately to the point of no longer being able to drive.  Unfortunately, his job requires visiting clients and a lot of driving.  So, his wife, Nancy, was the lucky recipient of personal chauffeur for the time being. 

As if ALL of that was not enough, the visit with my aunt here as been interesting, not necessarily in a good way.  We did check out Target today, though, for her to stock up on some good deals she can't find in Switzerland.  We also went to Kohl's in search of a straw purse for summer.  No luck there, although I did find a great deal on sunglasses that are cute and 90% off.  Sweet!  And we had Heidi's sandwiches for lunch, BJ's for dinner, and watermelon sorbet for dessert. 

Despite all of the absolute chaos going on in my life, there are moments where I feel perfectly at peace.  I know that can come from only one source, and so I am absolutely thankful for the peace the Lord is providing to me, and to others in my family, as well.  I am thankful for you prayers, friends, as the journey continues on.  My dad is headed down to be with Papa/the family tomorrow for the pacemaker surgery.  Lindsay will also be there, as she stayed the night at my aunt's house.  Tomorrow for me means taking some friends to catch the airport bus around noon, then heading over to my grandparent's house to do a bit of cleaning with my mom.  As you might imagine, cleaning has been the last thing on my Gramma's mind.

Ok, so maybe that wasn't so quick... 

No comments:

Post a Comment