Tuesday, June 8, 2010

summer.

There is one part of summer I will never get used to: the heat. Most people can't stand those cold winter days and look forward to the heat of the summer sun all year long. I can't stand it. Don't get me wrong, I like sunny days, but I would prefer the temperature to reach it's high around 80 degrees, give or take a few. If I want that to be the case, I definitely can't live where I do.

This weekend marked the first of summer, at least in terms of school getting out and summer break...and you could definitely tell it was summer around here! Saturday was toasty, marking my first afternoon spent by the pool. Or rather, in the pool. I was roasting in the sun when I wasn't in the pool. We finally caved around 4 pm and turned on the a/c upstairs when the thermostat reached a balmy 90 degrees. Even fans weren't helping at this point.

I think it was "only" 96 outside. I can hardly wait until we hit July, typically our month of 100+ degree weather. Thank the Lord for air conditioning...

1 comment:

  1. that's WA...peak at 76, sunny blue days for three months straight, the locals think it's a heat wave which they actually pray will end in church if the temperature breaks 80! UM...think that definitely calls for a visit to b'ham! I promise, no bikes involved this time or lethal plants.

    ReplyDelete