Tuesday, October 19, 2010

lazy no more.

"If I'm being honest, I think it's because 1) I've become a bit lazy in the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to in the past few months and 2) I look ahead into the future and see very few "lazy" days left. I'm going to be working a full-time, 9-5 job this summer, and then I intend to go back to school in the fall, as well as continue to substitute teach. So, when I think of all that, I guess I'm just basking in my last few lazy days until around the house doing "not a whole lot" (my standard answer when asked "What did you do today?")."

When I wrote those words back in May, I had no idea how true they would really be.  It's not that I was ever really lazy, it's just that I was unmotivated.  Ok, call it what you will, but it no longer exists anywhere near me.  I have not had a real day off since school started in August, minus the one weekend where I was gone and got nothing accomplished, but ended up paying for it the next week.  The last couple of days I've had an exremely difficult time focusing on the work I was supposed to be doing.  Monday's work was homework, and completely pointless at that.  Can someone please explain why I had to resummarize all of the information of the semester so far, in just enough of a different format that it forced me to practically reread all seven chapters of the book to complete the assignment?  Doesn't make sense to you either?  Oh, good, then it's not just me.  And I really was wasting my time.  All of that to say, though, the assignment took me hours longer than I thought it would, which messed up my whole schedule.  Tuesday's work was the kinds I actually get paid for, but it hard to focus on nonetheless.  I don't really know why, other than there where 9,283 things I could think of that I would rather be doing.  I think the real reason I'm having a hard time focusing is because I just need a break.  Perhaps after next week, but we'll see.  What I really need to do is get caught up on my work and to study for my midterm next week (the first I've taken since I graduated two years ago...yikes!).  Ok, off to bed for me, but not before I read a couple of chapters of my book.  Don't worry, the one I'm reading tonight is actually for "fun," although I should be reading something for school...


P.S> If that post sounded to you like a complaint, it's really not.  I'm thankful for the chance to go to school and for  my job(s).  I really just need a day off...

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog design!! Very fall and I LOVE FALL! I know what you mean about needing a break. Sometimes when I have too much to do and going on I just shut down and not want to do anything. Hope you can take that break soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete