Friday, October 15, 2010

my request.

Micah 6:8 – “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”



Dear Friends,

I’d like to invite you to be with something really special with me. About two years ago, I started sponsoring two children through Compassion International. If you aren’t familiar with the organization, I’d encourage you to check out their website (http://www.compassion.com). Over time, my sponsorship has grown from two, to four, and now, five children. I’d love to sponsor more! And, that’s where you come in.

The normal cost to sponsor a child is $38 per month. For a lot of people, that’s more than they would like to commit to on long-term basis. What I’m asking for you, however, is to join with me as a group and sponsor children together. Your provision of just $9.50 a month would be one-fourth, or $19 would pay for half. Your commitment could be as much or as little as you desire, from $5 to $38 (or even more!) each month. How many children are sponsored is up to you!

My plan is to create a private blog to provide updates, pictures, and letters that arrive from the children. Also, giving the money will be as easy as paying with PayPal. I’ll set up a special account specifically earmarked for this group and donations will only be used for the purpose of sponsorship.

Please pray about the opportunity and consider giving and sharing in the lives of some special children. I’d ask that you commit to give for a minimum of six months. Please consider being involved in something that God has laid on my heart. If you are interested in joining with me, please email me in response and we’ll talk about the details. And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.


With love,
Whitney Friesen
Wfriesen001@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment