Sunday, October 24, 2010

preschool tales.

Here's a a few more stories from Pre-K...

After a number of attempts at completing a puzzle, "Man, I'm just not good at these puzzles.  I guess I'm just a quitter."

Sebastien to another boy that won't wake up from nap, "Hey there, handsome boy."

Friday afternoon I am, once again, monitoring the bathroom before nap time.  There's two stalls and any other kids waiting have to stand outside the door in line.  The last few kids were using the bathroom when Alexander showed up in line again.  I said to him: "Alexander, didn't you already go potty?"  He says to me: "I have to go poop.  I ate the meatballs." 
Probably ten minutes later, he's still in the bathroom.  By now, lights are out, all the kids are on their mats trying to fall asleep.  Then we hear Alexander start talking to himself in the bathroom.  The other teacher tells him to quiet down.  Brief pause.  Then Alexander says loudly, "Oh man, not again!"  "What's wrong?"  "I got poop on my hand again!" 

As the teacher working with me put it, kids just say the things adults are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment