Monday, January 9, 2012

another la day.

I took advantage of my last weekend of freedom and headed to LA one more time.  This time I went to Burbank to hang out with Lindsay and our cousin, Jessica.  We got there Friday evening and went to dinner, had Yogurtland for dessert, and walked around downtown Burbank a bit.  We spent the rest of the evening playing a new version of Clue (who knew?) and Phase 10. 


Saturday morning we had a late breakfast in Burbank and then headed to our ultimate goal for the weekend: Mood Fabrics.  It was nowhere near where we imagined it to be, but so fun to be there and check out what they had.  We had to buy something to use the Groupons we had purchased, so Lindsay got some fabrics for her apartment, like to cover her dining room chairs and make some pillows. 

In what context would one actually use a button with the Mood logo on it?
We definitely found the fabric that was used for these looks...either that or it was almost identical.  I choose to believe the former:



We were really close to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, so we decided to head that direction and check it out.  Apparently we've driven down it before, but I was too young to remember, so it was fun to see.  Of course, the shopping on Rodeo Dr. is a bit out of our budgets, but the area around it was fun! 

We were walking down another street when we spotted someone with a Sprinkles Cupcakes bag.  We knew it had to be around there somewhere...thank you iPhone for helping us navigate the two blocks to get there.  It was both mine and Lindsay's first time tasting their cupcakes.  My favorite was the Red Velvet, but all (well, the 4 kinds I got to sample later) were quite tasty! 



We decided to walked actually walk down Rodeo Drive on our way back to the car. 

Proof we were really there.


I decided that since I was taking pictures, I should take some with us in it.

Lindsay and Jessica...and yes, I do think Jess looks like she is growing out of Lindsay's shoulder/neck/head
Oh, you know...Just hanging out on Rodeo Drive.

A short ways down the block and this is what we saw:
Thank you, random man, for getting in the picture too

It was getting to be late afternoon so we decided to head out and back to Burbank.  Of course, there is no real fast, direct route out of the area, so we wound through Hollywood.

Actually a decent picture from my phone considering the distance and amount of haze/smog that day
We had Porto's for dinner.  If you're keeping count, yes, that was the second time for me that week, but still delicious!  It was back to her apartment from there, and back to Bakersfield for me...to celebrate one last day of vacation until reality sank in today.  It was fun while it lasted, though!

Question: Did you read the title as "LA" (as in Los Angeles) or "la" ( as in a note to follow so)?  Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment