Saturday, January 28, 2012

lazy days.

Words cannot begin to describe my weekend so far.  However, I'll try to do it justice.  I left school yesterday afternoon right around 2:45, which is pretty rare for me to leave on time.   Rare as in never.  I drove straight home and did nothing.  I laid in bed and watched some shows from the past few weeks on my DVR.  Literally nothing.  It was great for awhile, but also made me feel really lame.  I got up and had a quick dinner, helped Mom unload the car from her trip to Costco, then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the evening.  I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I looked at Pinterest (first clue I need to get a life?).

I woke up this fine Saturday morning around 7:30, decided I wasn't ready to get up, read a little bit of my book, rolled over and fell back asleep until 9:15.  That's more like it.  Had breakfast and read my book for a bit.  My mom decided she was going to wash all the dogs and asked if I would take drying duty.  Sounds easy enough, but it's a big job.  Finished that job right around 12 and decided it was nap time.  I woke up around 2, took a shower, laid in bed and watched TV.  After dinner, I know find myself sitting on my bed.  And, yes, I'm still sleepy.

I'm justifying all of this lazing around by the facts that 1) I didn't get to sleep in at all last weekend and 2) I've been on the edge of getting sick (but not ever actually getting sick) all week, so I think my rundown body is trying to catch up on rest or something.  I did, at least, get out my stuff to finish planning for next week.  I want to actually do something, though.  Maybe I can find something fun to do after church tomorrow.  I should soak up these lazy days because they are rare, but I can't help but wish I actually had something to be doing besides work.

1 comment: