Monday, January 2, 2012

hello 2012.

Oh my, another year.  Honestly, where has the time gone?  I remember last year at this time so vivdly, it doesn't seem possible that an entire year has passed.  Last year at this time our house was full of family, just a couple of days after Papa's funeral.  I was getting ready for my trip to Slovenia in mid-January.  I was in school and life had so many unknowns about what was coming next.

Of course, there will always be those unknowns in life.  As hard as last year, or really the last 2 years have been for different reasons, I cherish that time.  It's a time in my life when I saw God working distinctly in my life.  I learned a lot about life, growing up, and what it means to trust.  The Lord walked me through difficult times and brought me through to the blessing of a full-time job.

As many lessons I learned through this time, I'm thankful to be through it.  I wrote it a few weeks ago, and honestly still can't explain it, but I feel like life is about to change.  Maybe I'll always feel that way as I continue to get older because change is inevitable.  Maybe it's the new year making me nostalgic.

I pray for each of family and friends many blessings in 2012.  I pray that you know the Lord's comfort and guidance and that we all continue to trust Him this year!

The holidays this year were different.  Different than last year, of course, since we spent all our time in the hospital.  But also different than other Christmases in the past.  It was relaxing and quiet.  It was just my immediate family and my great aunt and uncle.  Christmas Eve was quiet.  We all pretty much did our own thing.  Dad and I went to the Christmas Eve service, while Mom and Lindsay stayed home and made our traditional Christmas Even pasties (meat pies) for dinner.  Christmas morning we woke up, did stockings and exchanged presents, then had breakfast (which we didn't finish until after 11, so that's probably more like brunch).  After breakfast we actually took naps.  We were having porkchops for dinner, which don't require hours of preparation, so it was actually relaxing to not have to be cooking all day.  Taking a nap on Christmas was definitely a first!  I ended up staying in pajamas all day (although I did shower), which was a nice change.  That evening I played a little with my Christmas gift: A new camera!  I still have MUCH to learn, but I'm excited to play with it. 

The day after Christmas we went down to my aunt and uncle's house to have Christmas with them.  On our way down, we made a few stops looking for new chairs for our media room.  We also had to make a stop at the outlet mall to return a couple of things that came from outlet stores.  Oh. My. Goodness.  Only one word can describe the outlet mall on the day after Christmas: Insane.  You couldn't even pull into the parking lot because there were so many people.  We ended up parking on the street behind the mall, literally pulling into the last spot we saw anywhere.  After some quick shopping and making our returns, we headed to their house.  It was fun to see everyone.  I mostly watched my sister and cousins play Rock Band (I wanted to play, but was only invited to sing, which I quickly opted out of) and played a game of pool with cousins. 

The week after Christmas through today has been quiet.  I've crocheted more than I have all year (which isn't saying much).  I was housesitting for some friends until yesterday.  Yesterday I cleaned up my room some and I can now see more of the carpet than I've been able to for awhile.  The plan for today is to dust and vacuum and probably do some work for my mom, again in my pajamas.  Tomorrow I plan to leave the house again.  (I love relaxing and doing nothing, but I'm missing feeling productive and a routine...that's just the way I work, I guess!)  On Friday someone hacked into my Gmail.  Google disabled my blog because they detected "suspicious activity."  I had a minor heart attack when I logged in and read "No Blogs Found."  Thankfully all was restored by Saturday. 

Wednesday is the big day: Wicked!  Too bad it's supposed to be 80 degrees in Los Angeles...seriously? 

No comments:

Post a Comment