Wednesday, December 21, 2011

bingo.

Today was, hands down, one of the best days I've had with my students!  It's funny, because I really expected this week to be challenging.  And, really, it has been until today.  (As in, I had to write referral #2 yesterday morning.)  In part it's due to the fact that my BTSA Support Provider came in to observe me.  I told my students she was observing them.  Worked like a charm, because they were awesome.  They participated, worked hard, were quiet and didn't disrupt me.  Oh, it was like a dream.  I rewarded my kids by playing 52 rounds of Preposition Bingo with them.  Or maybe it just felt like 52 or 522 to me.  I don't honestly know how Bingo can be so fun, but we rarely do "fun" things, so I guess it doesn't take much.  They are also pretty competitive, so I can really use that to my advantage, too.  In fact, they were begging me to do math review today because we made it a competition last week.  Seriously.  Maybe they didn't realize what they were asking...

I really do love my students.  As much as they wear me out, they crack me up even more.  It's really, really hard not to laugh sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment