Thursday, December 1, 2011

little pieces of life.

Here are some little pieces of my life lately...A collection of random bits, quick stories, and miscellaneous information.

Tonight I broke the Cardinal Rule of Commuting: I didn't use the restroom before leaving school.  By the time I drove 35 minutes, made a quick stop, and 10 more minutes home, I really wished I had.  Of course, I did try to go, but the bathroom was already locked, which, of course, didn't help me a bit.

In just about a month from now, I get to see Wicked again.  So excited!

My students say and do some really funny things sometimes.  It's hard to not laugh sometimes.  Like today, when one of the kids pretty much just ate it.  I would have felt bad if hadn't been messing around, but he somehow managed to tip his chair back and then fell into another chair.  I just had to laugh.  They're just goofy, nerdy 5th graders.  And as crazy as they drive me sometimes, I can't help but love them.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm teaching Pre-K Sunday School every week at church.  I love being around those kids.  They have such enthusiasm for life and the littlest things.  It also cracks me up to watch them during music, when half of them are just standing there watching the adults jumping around singing and thinking, I can only assume by the looks on their faces, that we are all insane.  They say the most hilarious things, have meltdowns over a torn sticker, and are the picture of childlike faith. 

It's December! Which is so crazy, but also happens to be one of my favorite months.  I love the whole Christmas season, everything about it.  I love shopping for Christmas presents, looking for something that I hope the person will love.  I love when the weather changes (like it has this week!) and I can wear my growing collection of scarves. 

I'm a bit torn about the idea that school goes until December 23 this year.  On one hand, it completely ruins our family tradition of celebrating with one side of the family, which we do on the 23rd every year.  However, the weeks of school will fly by, which means Christmas will be here before we know it.  And, also on the plus side, I get a whole week off in January, which will be pure vacation.  I guess it's not really so bad...

Ok, that's all I have time for tonight.  It's almost my bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment