Tuesday, December 6, 2011

december cheer.

Two posts in less than a week? I'm surprising even myself.  Although, I don't really know who all reads this, since nobody ever comments....ahem...

I love December and the spirit of giving that it brings out in people.  Forget all the controversy about consumerism and materialism, which has its validity.  I just love that this is a time of year when people think about people other than themselves.  It's something I strive to do each day.  To be a generous and cheerful giver.  To give genuinely from the heart.  But it doesn't come naturally to most people.  So I love to see it.  It's not even about the gifts, but about the spirit behind it.  In that sense, it really is the "most wonderful time of the year."  I pray that, not out of obligation, but a true spirit of generosity,you will cheerfully give this Christmas.  Whether it be to your family, friends, church, strangers, missions project, those in need, or anyone in between, realize how greatly you have been blessed!  It doesn't have to be a lot, because it's not really about the gift, but about the willing heart that gives it. 

On that note, please send all Christmas gifts to...

No comments:

Post a Comment