I survived my 10-hour, which was technically 9 hours, training this weekend. It was long. I had to wake up way too early for a Saturday and sit through an informative, on the edge of boring, training. I have another one in a couple weeks that I am contemplating skipping out on. Not that it wouldn't be awesome to do that again, because it sounds delightful. Really.
Ok, so, really, it wasn't so terrible. Honestly, it was probably way worse because I had serious sinus pressure and sinus headache issues all morning. My face hurt to touch it since the pain woke me up around 4am. It subsided enough to make it through my day, but I spent most of the day subtlely applying pressure to my cheeks and forehead, desperately trying to make myself feel better. It wasn't until after a late lunch with the parents and a trip to Rite Aid that I finally got some relief (around 4pm). I was completely convinced I was getting sick. Once the pain went away, I felt a ton better with just a remnant left on Sunday. Thank you, Lord.
My hope to do something fun this weekend was unsuccessful. It was church (not that that was not fun, but not exactly the fun activity I was hoping for), lunch with Gramma (always a party), report card and planning time on Sunday afternoon (no comment), and back to church (not really fun, but good). The end of the day was most exciting. I always love seeing friendly, familiar faces at church. And, after a long wait for dinner, I went to Dewar's and picked up ice cream sandwiches for my parents and myself. Not that we needed them, of course, but 1) it was dinner and 2) I had to check out the new location. Definitely justified.
No comments:
Post a Comment