Wednesday, January 12, 2011
more than a sprinkle.
The very nature of my job as a substitute teacher is uncertainty. I'm basically waiting for the phone to ring and for someone else to get sick. It's a hard thing to learn. Waiting, that is. Just about the time I begin to wonder how I'm going to earn enough money to make it through the month, God provides in one way or another. In December, it was the unexpected call to housesit. This month, it is the phone beginning to ring again for subbing. The hard part about January is that I basically won't be working for half of the month (I leave a week from tomorrow for Slovenia). And, as I tend to do, I started to worry last week that I wasn't going to work at all. But, once again, God showed up and proved my doubts to be wrong. I got a call Monday morning to sub...I took it, even if it was junior high (definitely not my life calling!). And Monday evening my phone rang again (for Tuesday) and again (for today). Nothing lined up for the rest of the week...yet. So, it definitely not a deluge of work, but it's more than a sprinkle. And for that, I'm thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment