There are some things in life you have to accept. Like not getting hired for a job.
But, there are also some things in life that when you aren't happy with them, you change them. That's the place I'm in. Making changes in my life to make it a little bit better and a little more productive. I've finally been working on cleaning my room and closet. It's been in various stages of disarray since I moved home, oh, you know, almost two years ago. Yeah, you might remember me mentioning it way back here. And over, and over. Friday I hit my breaking point, put everything else I had to do aside, and just started cleaning. I started with my desk since that's where I spend most of my time. I'm proud to say you can see over half of the top surface of the desk. It's a wonderful sight! I also went through the mountain of papers I needed to sort through, actually filed stuff away, and threw away the rest.
But, the room was put somewhat on hold while other cleaning has happened. Saturday it was the attic. Mom and I attacked it in just a few hours that morning. We hauled a lot of stuff out to get rid of, organized some stuff that was staying, and put a few things away that hadn't made their way back to the attic. The living room is the collection point in the house. Let's just say it looks like a garage sale vomited in there. I'll spare you the picture.
Sunday it was on the the hall closet. Since we've lived here, that closet has been the catch-all "room" for things we didn't really want to get rid of, but didn't really want to deal with either. Now we are dealing with all of those years of "laters." We cleaned out bin after bin of various holiday decorations, sorted through tons of pictures, and have organized what we are keeping. After a couple or three trips to Target, we might have all the storage and organization tools we need to whip the closet into shape. We are making it more of "craft closet", which will allow me to move the stuff that has been in my own closet. This is the critical step to finally getting my room and closet into shape!
We are aiming for a garage sale in just over a month. It's a pain in the process, but we know that the end result will be so nice!
Other changes I've been making:
-Eating better
-Working out more frequently
-Losing some weight
-Thinking about selling the cards I make
-Accepting that I'm subbing again this year and slowly being ok with it
It's like it's January or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment