First of all, the midterm went great last week...got a high A, which I was very excited about! Only five more trips down to school this semester...it really has flown by! The course schedule for Spring came out this last week, and it looks like I'll be headed down on Mondays next semester. I'm especially looking forward to the first night of class, since I will get home from Slovenia the night before.
In other news, Phantom of the Opera was amazing. I loved it! I'll post some pictures later...hopefully this weekend...
Today is Lindsay's birthday, which means birthday celebrations this weekend. She is coming home tomorrow morning sometime, then celebrations are scheduled for Sunday.
Last week I received a list of names of people that have donated for Slovenia so far...thank you to you all! I've almost met my personal goal of $2000, but as a team we are only at about 45% of the needed amount. Please keep praying that the money comes in, as we already have purchased our plane tickets...the grand total of which was more than we have currently raised! Team prep is going well, although I feel like I haven't done much yet. It still seems so far away...
Sunday was Halloween, which also means Ashe Bash at our church. I helped out at the "I'm not sure what it's called, but you throw the darts at the balloons" booth. The worst part was pulling down the balloons that had been popped that were all wet from whoever blew them up...nasty! All in all, I had fun, and I loved getting to work with the people in my Young Adults/Bible study group.
Ok, that is a very quick summary of my week or so...haven't been subbing, mostly due to other commitments and a lot of other work to do. I'm thinking I'll start again next week, depending on the calls, as always.
Yeay for your A though I can't see you getting anything lower because you are such a darn hard worker in school! Gross about the balloons :-/. Praying for your trip!!! How exciting!
ReplyDelete