Sunday, November 14, 2010

work. homework. meetings.

Those three words basically encapsulate my weekend.  It's thrilling, I know, so try to contain your excitement. 

Saturday morning dawned bright and early when I woke up around 7:30.  While this may be considered late for others, I work from home and rarely wake up before 8, so why I was awake so early on Saturday morning is beyond me.  Anyhow, Mom and Dad were headed to Morro Bay for the day (not as fun as it sounds: yard work and driving the grandparents back to Bakersfield), but I had opted to stay home and get some work done.  They left around 8, and that's when the party began.  I started by spending the morning giving my room and closet a much needed cleaning.  I spent about 3 hours cleaning out and cleaning up.  And, while it is by no means perfect, it is much better than when I started.  It definitely needs a few more doses and then will be presentable for others to see again.  (When time is lacking, it's all about the baby steps.) 

By now it was lunch time, so I quickly got cleaned up and drove to Chipotle for lunch.  I justified my time away by mailing 2 letters on the way to pick up food.  While I ate I finished watching Letters to Juliet, which I had started while cleaning.  (I had rented the movie and planned to watch it while working, but came to find out that my DVD player was no longer working.  This meant that I needed to use my computer, which is impossible while working...)  Movie finished. Work time.  I worked pretty much the rest of the day.  Mom and Dad arrived home around 6.  I made the mistake of not taking them up on the offer to bring me something for dinner and was hard-pressed to find something I wanted later.  Before I went to bed, I read two chapters of a school book and it was lights out a few minutes after 12.

Sunday morning, up at 7:15. Out of bed at 7:20.  Went to early church.  Had a Slovenia meeting for my teaching team during 2nd service.  Home for 15 minutes.  10 minute trip to Target.  Lunch at Panera.  Whole team Slovenia meeting at church, 12:45-3:45.  (We took the DISC test, by the way, so I know all about my personality now....)  Had a quick meeting after for crafts team.  Picked up the dry-cleaning for Mom.  Home again by 4:15. Sent a few emails.  Work.  Work.  Homework.  Work.  Homework.  Homework.  Wrote this blog.  A little bit more homework.  Read a couple more chapters in aforementioned school book.  Lights out.

Tomorrow holds exciting things: oil change in the car, work, homework, and a trip to the bank (ok, that part is good!)

Hope your weekend was as exciting as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment