Friday, November 12, 2010

a week's worth.

This week has gone by even faster than the one's before it...and that's really saying something.  Come Monday, November is half over.  Insane.  November is a difficult month for me because, while I really love fall, I really love Christmas more.  I'm trying not to wish the time to pass quickly, mostly because I have much to accomplish, but nothing beats the Christmas season.  I already have the majority of my Christmas shopping finished, which I plan to get wrapped up before Christmas Eve this year.  (Last year I spent most of the day Christmas Eve wrapping presents...)  The days are finally getting cool, with the nights even colder, which I love!  It just needs to get a little bit colder during the day, cold enough to comfortably wear a sweater and/or scarf. 

Like I said, this week passed quickly.  I spent Monday doing the same old thing, working from home.  Tuesday I got new tires on my car (thanks Mom and Dad...and Merry Christmas to me), had Sinaloa (Mexican food) for dinner, and spent the evening with the lovely people in my Bible Study group.  Wednesday meant another day in LA for me.  I left town early to meet Mandy in Burbank for lunch.  I hadn't seen her since February, so it was wonderful to catch up.  The rest of the day was a bit of Christmas shopping and then class, of course.  Traffic home was horrific, which I attribute to people taking a 4-day weekend trip.  I did stop at Krispy Kreme for my mom, though, which delayed me further.  I didn't get home until 10:20 (normal time is 9:40).  Thursday was not really a holiday for me, as I spent the day working, working like always.  Got my homework done that was due my midnight, had dinner, and then did a bit more work.  I know, my life is fascinating.  Today, I've been to Costco twice, had a yummy lunch at the office north of Bakersfield, accidentally took a lady's shopping cart at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (not our fault she left it sitting way off by itself, empty), learned I have a job for at least a couple more weeks and then starting again in January, and learned that I have exceeded my personal goal of $2000 raised for Slovenia, although I'm sure the team is still lacking (I don't have an actual number). 

Tomorrow looks to be an exciting day, with more homework and work to accomplish than there are hours in the day.  Sunday is FULL of Slovenia meetings, so tomorrow needs to be productive.  Hope your week has been a good one, and that your weekend is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment