In my previous
post from last Friday, I mentioned that it was my sister's birthday. What I did not mention was that my parents and I drove to LA to surprise her for dinner. (I'm curious what we are doing this Friday for our weekly trip to LA...haha). We went to Maggiano's in Woodland Hills, just a few blocks from her work. Liam told her he was taking her to dinner, walked in and told them he had a reservation, and when they seated them, they led them right to where we were sitting. Lindsay said she was surprised, I think we pulled it off and that she really was. We didn't tell anyone except Liam that we were going so there was no chance of her finding out. After an always yummy dinner at Maggiano's, we cut into a gorgeous Red Velvet cake from Porto's that Liam bought.
 |
| Lindsay with her cake |
Fast forward now to Sunday afternoon. Gramma and Papa came over for lunch, as did Liam. We had a nice meal...and then it was time for cake and presents.
 |
| Happy Birt day...The H was broken, so we attempted to repair it... |
 |
| Repair unsuccessful, so we propped up the broken part to make a lowercase h instead. Also, the wick on the A in Birthday was broken, so my dad thought lighting it for a second would help it. The wick just fell of completely instead. So, we stuck in a regular candle behind the A so at least there was a flame there. |
 |
| Dad's lighting the candles. Or trying to anyway... |
 |
| This was about the time the lighter stopped working. I think we sang Happy Birthday 3 times during this process... |
 |
Success! We actually got the candles lit, sang Happy Birthday one more time, and she blew out the candles. And that's when we realized our substitue flame for A was really a trick candle...
|
It was quite the saga of events, but we made it! Happy 26th (man you're old!) Birthday, Lindsay!
(Please notice that every picture taken for her birthday centered around a cake...haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment