Friday, December 24, 2010

tuesday.

Well yesterday was just loads of fun! I spent the day trapped at home because FedEx was supposed to deliver a package for my dad.  But let's back up a minute so I can give you the full story.  It started last Thursday when I arrived home mid-afternoon to find a FedEx tag on the door saying they attempted delivery and the "2nd Attempt" was marked.  They never wrote who the package was for, so it took us a few minutes to realize it was my dad's new computer.  Well, we've never had a problem with packages being taken from our porch, so my mom signed the tag and stuck it back on the door to give them permission to leave it Friday.  Well, you already know Friday was a crazy day with Papa being rushed to the hospital.  We were headed to BJ's for dinner, so I came by the house to get the package and to change shoes.  Walk up the walkway and discover that there is no package and no tag on the door, which leads me to believe that the package was delivered but is no longer there.  Oh, great!  So I head to BJ's to get our name in, but the long wait time changed our plans to just picking up the food to take home.  When I got back with food in hand, Dad did some investigating online and saw that that day's entry looked the same as the previous two days, meaning they probably didn't deliver it.  So, he calls FedEx and, after a lot of conversation, finally gets the woman to have a hold placed on the package for him to pick up.  She said it would be available Monday.  So, Monday arrives, and with it another delivery attempt note on the door when I arrived home around noon.  Dad calls again, and they say they'll try to deliver it one more time on Tuesday.  Which, obviously, is the reason I stayed at home all day.  Except, as it turns out, they never delivered the package.  Instead they were holding it at the facility south of town that is open 2 hours each day (9-10 am & 4-5 pm).  Thankfully Dad was able to go and get it around 4:15.  Finally, we had the package!  Dad is now enjoying his new laptop computer...

Tuesday ended with dinner and going to see Tangled with a friend...so fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment