Friday, April 8, 2011

almost a mistake.

This story starts on this past Monday.  I was just pulling in to Berry Cool to get a small fix before class when my phone rang.  It was a number with no name, which is fairly common with my subbing and whatnot.  Turns out it was a call to sub for next Thursday in preschool (12:00-5:30pm).  I said yes, put it on my calendar, and continued on with life.

Nothing more really happens until last night.  I'm sitting at the dinner table when my phone rings.  I was hoping for a job for today.  (Yeah, that didn't happen)  It was for next week, Wednesday through Friday.  Of course I wanted to say yes.  I mean, 3 days!  I was so busy contemplating the job and whether I should cancel the other one, I didn't listen to it thoroughly.  I said yes and determined I would call and cancel the preschool job.  I signed into the sub system online, though, and was surprised to see that the three day job was really three half days...7:20-11am all three days.  Well, I was slightly less excited that it was half days, but on the bright side, I could still keep my preschool job.  Needless to say, Thursday is going to be one really long day. (7:20-5:30, with an hour in between to have lunch and get to the other school). 

I also just got a call today to sub in preschool Monday morning (7:00-12:30) before I have to go to LA for class...I usually get home around 9:30pm, so that will also be a very long day! 

I'm not complaining, though. It's work, and it's appreciated.

On another note, I'm convinced that teachers only miss school on days that they have some sort of duty to do.  How is it possible that I always have bus duty, yard duty, lunch line duty, recess duty, or even multiple duties in the same day?  It's a conspiracy, I'm sure... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thats when i would call in sick! haha! You are the best, i hope all your crazy days went smashingly!!!

    ReplyDelete