Easter. What a day to celebrate!
“Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(I Cor. 15:55-56)
Today dawned with my dad waking up with a severe sore throat and cold. Mom, Lindsay and I went to church, which was a good service. We came back home, finished preparations for lunch, and then I sat around for awhile. Literally just sat.
Lunch was...how should I put it? Awkward. My dad stayed upstairs, so it was Mom, Lindsay, and I, as well as my grandma, great aunt, great uncle, and Lindsay's boyfriend Liam. The "old folks" basically ate silently for the meal, not contributing to the conversation. Occasionally my grandma would ask my great aunt a question (loudly), to which she couldn't hear, grandma repeated, and so it went on.
I couldn't finish eating fast enough and start cleaning up. Dishes done. Dyed some eggs (mine were ugly, as usual). Sat around and did nothing for awhile. Grandma left. Lindsay and Liam left. Aunt and uncle went out to their trailer. I went upstairs. Did a little online browsing/shopping. Sat around for awhile. Had some dinner. Decided that doing some work would be more entertaining than nothing, so I went back upstairs. Went downstairs and crocheted while the family talked at the table. Watched Amazing Race. And, now this.
Not the most exciting of days, that's for sure. But what a day to celebrate!
(32 days)
Hehe I am sure your eggs were not ugly!!! :-p
ReplyDelete