Saturday, April 30, 2011

another month gone.

I'm pretty sure I say this every month, but seriously, how is April already over?  It seemed to fly by.  My two weeks off of work probably didn't help that either, because it really doesn't seem like it's been very long at all. 

In other news, today I participated in my church's community outreach called Love Bakersfield.  We go out into the surrounding community, mostly based at a nearby park, and provide free services and help to the people that need it.  Many things are done, including giving away clothes, groceries, and books to the families.  There was a booth for bike repair and car maintenace going on in the church parking lot.  The station I was part of was giving people free haircuts.  My mom and I were the "receptionists" for people wanting to get their hair cut and getting them to the people actually doing the cutting.  It might not sound like hard work, but we were both quite tired from the day.  It was probably a combo of standing most of the day and being out in the sun that did me in.  I was going to take pictures, but, well, I forgot.  Actually, my camera got left in the car, so I have a good excuse.

Hope you were able to bless someone else today!

(26 days)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I can't believe the month is gone. What did I even do in April lol?! But the project your church did sounds fuuun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete