Since my last update I have:
1) Gotten a fabulous sunburn on Sunday on my neck and arms. I'm just doing my part to ensure that my T-shirt tan lines never fade. My church held service at the ampitheater/park where we had a barbecue afterward. It was a fun time, with only a couple of hiccups. (One was when it started to rain pretty hard for about 5 minutes. It was wonderful because we were all standing in line to get lunch and couldn't go anywhere. And, two, was when they were terribly slow at producing the meat for our hamburgers and hotdogs and the lines moved so slowly. I don't know who prayed for patience that day, but it wasn't me!)
2) Attended my very last class of the semester. Monday was the last day! We ended about 15 minutes early and instead of just letting us go, the professor kept telling us these meaningless, unrelated stories. We were all packed up sitting there, and he just kept talking. Please. Just let us go.
3) Written two of the four papers I had left, both of which I got 100% on. I'm working on number 3 right now, and hopefully four will be finished by Friday. The due date is Monday night, so I will for sure be done by then, but I'm aiming for a pre-weekend finish.
4) Subbed two days in the same fourth grade class (yesterday and today). There were moments when they were wonderful and charming and fantastic, and then they had moments where I wanted to strangle them or send them to the office. There were a ton of subs at the school, too, since the 4-6th grade teachers had a meeting to attend, and there was even a substitute principal. He came into the classroom yesterday morning and did not threaten, but promised, the kids that if they were sent to the office, they would be suspended. I got close to not putting up with a couple of kids, but decided their talkativeness didn't really warrant suspension. A couple more hours like the last hour I spent with them might have put me over the edge, though. They weren't all bad kids, though. They mostly just talked. A lot. This morning, though, the aide said they were better for me than they were for their regular teacher. So it really wasn't all bad. It's amazing how the bad can sour the good, though...
I think that pretty much sums up the last 4 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment