Wednesday, May 11, 2011

trapped.

I was going to pick up my mom for lunch today.  I set the alarm and walked to the front door.  I saw Sweetie (the cat) out front and intended to let her in before I locked it.  She distracted me, but thankfully I looked down before I stepped outside.  There lay a pile of feathers, guts, wings, and other bird parts that Sweetie had so lovingly dropped off on the doorstep. (If you know me, you probably know that I hate birds.  It was so nasty and there was really nowhere to step in order to lock the door.

I slammed the door back shut and called my mom, telling her I was a bit trapped.  She suggested I go out the side gate. So, I set the alarm again and went out through the garage to go out the gate.  Easier said than done.  The gate is warped and extremely difficult to open and close.  I got it open, went out, but absolutely could not, despite my best efforts, get the gate to close.  I tried pulling, yanking, slamming, nothing.  I called mom again telling her I was again stuck and would be a few minutes.  I finally had to lift the gate and pull in order for it to latch.

All I wanted was to go to lunch.  I ended up working up a sweat just trying to leave.

(Oh, and yes, the bird is still out there, just waiting for somebody else to come home and clean it up...)

No comments:

Post a Comment