Tuesday, May 31, 2011

only the beginning.

The long-awaited day has come and gone. Graduation day, that is. It was a long day of traveling, eating, rehearsing, waiting, and actually going through the ceremony. I'm so thankful to have the support of so many family members. But, even though I'd been waiting for that day to arrive, part of me is a little sad it's over. I'm excited for my freedom to do the things I want to do instead of being chained by class schedules, but I also feel a sense of loss as another chapter comes to an end. It's the feeling of accomplishment mixed with anticipation. Part of me feels like it went by too quickly. Part of me is rejoicing. Part of me doesn't know what to do with all my free time now. A bundled mix of emotions, really.

That all being said though, I'm excited for what the future may hold. I'm excited about all of the opportunities I might take advantage of now that I'm not constrained by school. I'm excited to see where life goes next. It's really only just the beginning.

(I promise to post some pictures soon.  My sister has them all on her camera, which is now in Los Angeles with her.  Even though we were together all weekend, I only remembered we were going to do it after she headed back last night. We're awesome.)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Whit!!!! I am sooo happy for you!!!! :-) Pictures please!

    ReplyDelete