Thursday, May 5, 2011

my accomplishments.

As of Wednesday around 1:00pm, I officially turned in the last assignment for my capstone class in order to receive my Masters.  This means that the 33 pager is done, as well as the presentation that goes with it and my final reflection of the class.  One more class down!

Unfortunately, I still have one class left to finish...so close, yet still quite a bit to do.  I have two more classes to attend and four papers to write.  Yes, four papes for the same class due on the same day.  Dumb, right?  I need to get started on them soon (as in this weekend, probably...ok probably not) so I'm not stuck doing them all at the last second.  Because I would totally do that, knowing my track record.  Although, to be fair, I've finished my other two classes this semester between 2 and 4 weeks early, so who knows :)

The last two days have been as dull as possible for me.  Yesterday I literally staying in my pjs all day, just working (as in sitting at my desk all day, wishing I was doing something else).  Today again I stayed home, although I did shower and get dressed, and thought about everything I would rather be doing than working.  I don't think it helped. 

Things I would rather be doing (in no particular order):
Reading
Seeing friends
Disneyland
Magic Mountain
Seeing family
Bowling
Crocheting
Going to the movies
Learning to quilt
Watching paint dry

I have the overwhelming desire to go do something, anything.  Tomorrow I'm going to do something.  I just don't know what quite yet.

Hope your Cince de Mayo was terrific.  We "celebrated" by eating Baja Fresh in the car in the church parking lot.  My parents were going to a meeting, I was there for the free food company. 

3 comments:

  1. woo-hoo! SO CLOSE!!!!! I know the feeling, I'm one paper away from finishing my degree, but I can't make myself do it early, it's as though I'm insisting I procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! You make me laugh...love the part about watching paint dry...and being in the car with your parents for the company (I've never figured out how to cross anything out while typing on a computer - it always erases instead of crossing out). Oh well, I'm pretty lame on the computer :) Best of luck to you as you finish up your last work for your masters. That is a huge accomplishment of which you can be very proud!!! xxox, Carolyn Pandol

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomorrow you are hopping on a plane to see me!!!!!! Hooray that nasty paper is done!

    ReplyDelete